Mochi azuki - 餅
For 8 mochi
- 200g sweetened red bean paste (anko)
- 100g glutinous rice flour (from Asian grocery stores)
- 15 cl of water
- 50g of sugar
- Potato starch (or cornstarch)
- Form red bean paste balls the size of a golf ball.
- Reserve in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, mix the glutinous rice flour, sugar and water
- Heat some water in a steamer. Place the bowl in the steamer basket, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix with a spatula
- Place the starch on the work surface and pour the cooked dough over it.
- Cover the dough with starch (because it is very sticky).
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces and form 8 flat discs
- Place a ball of anko in each disc and close the dough all around to obtain a ball