Nikujaga (japanese pot au feu) - 肉 じ ゃ が
For 4 people
- 400 mL of dashi (beef broth)
- 200g of finely sliced beef
- 4 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of cooking sake
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Prepare the dashi and bring to the boil.
- During this time cut the meat into pieces.
- Peel the potatoes and dice them.
- Peel and cut the carrots.
- Cut the onion in half and then into small slices.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the meat, onion, potatoes and carrots.
- Add the dashi, sake, sugar and soy sauce. Mix.
- Lower the heat and cook for about 20 minutes (until the potatoes are cooked).
- Serve everything in bowls.