Omurice (rice omelet) - オムライス
For 4 people
For the rice
- 400g round rice (Japanese rice)
- 200g of chicken
- 1 onion
- 4 to 5 button mushrooms
- small weights
- vegetable oil
- salt pepper
- tomato coulis
For the omelets
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- Rinse the rice and drain it, then put it to cook in a pressure cooker or a saucepan with 350mL of water.
- Meanwhile cut the chicken into cubes.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Split the mushrooms in half and thinly slice them.
- Put oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until translucent. Then add the chicken, mushrooms and small weights. Let it cook.
- Add the rice and mix. Add the tomato coulis, salt and pepper, mix again.
- Beat the eggs with the milk.
- Pour 1/4 of the preparation and spread, cook until half cooked.
- Arrange 1/4 rice in the middle, forming an oval.
- Close the omelette by wrapping the rice with 2 edges.
- Place it upside down on a plate, cover with parchment paper to keep warm (time to prepare the other omurice).
- Decorate with a little ketchup.