Multicolored Pepper Onigiri - お に ぎ り
For 4 people (7-8 onigiri)
- 500g of Japanese rice (round rice)
- 500mL of water
- red, orange, yellow and green peppers
- nori seaweed
- Wash your rice in cold water, rinse it 3 or 4 times until you have clear water.
- Cook the rice in 500mL of water, about 10 minutes over low heat, covering, or in a pressure cooker. The rice should absorb all the water present.
- Meanwhile, wash the peppers and cut them in half. Remove the seeds and white skins then cut them into small cubes.
- Then grill your peppers in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- After 10 minutes mix the rice and let it cool, leaving it covered.
- Cut a sheet of nori to make strips.
- Mix the peppers in your rice.
- Moisten your hands with lukewarm water and salt them, then take a handful of rice. Shape it into a triangle shape.
- Wrap the nori strip around the base of the onigiri.
Instead of grilling your peppers, you can also season them:
in a salad bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, then mix your peppers in it.