Sake no korokke (salmon croquettes) - 鮭のコロッケ
For 4 people
- 5/6 potatoes
- 200g of salmon steak
- 1 onion
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- salt pepper
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil for frying
- 8 to 10 cabbage leaves
- The day before, salt the salmon and let it rest overnight.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and cook them.
Once cooked, mash them into a puree.
- Chop the salmon.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the end of the foot. Cut them into small pieces.
- In a frying pan, chop the onion and brown it, then add the salmon and mushrooms.
- Add the mixture to your puree, and mix.
- Salt and pepper, mix again, then prepare round pancakes.
- Cover them with cling film and let cool in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, prepare 3 bowls: a bowl of flour, a bowl of beaten egg and a bowl of breadcrumbs.
- Dip the pancakes in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs (cover the pancakes completely with the breadcrumbs).
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the croquettes until golden and crisp. Or bake them in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 ° C.
- Serve with a little cabbage.
Korokke are usually served with tonkatsu sauce, Japanese worcester sauce or chuno sauce.